Friday, February 5, 2010

I'll show you my kitchen if you show me yours

On one of our outings we stopped in Ataco, a town along the Ruta de Flores. We fell in love with the town...you know the story by now: it had the right vibe.

We bought coffee, shopped in the mercado for fresh veggies and stopped for an afternoon pupusa, one of the national dishes.

Mike, who makes friends where ever he goes, chatted it up with the ladies making the pupusas, telling them about our trip.

Remember when I told you it's kids who love the van the most?? Well the ladies were like kids as Mike gave them the grand tour. A fridge! A stove! A sink! Two beds! Lights! They were truly amazed.

Mike with the pupusa ladies in Ataco

They loved Missy Chettie, too. Her hair! So curly! It was fun to watch as our van and our dog made friends for us again.

2 comments:

  1. Trish, I don't know about your man! Can't leave him alone anywhere! Just kidding! Miss you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, Kathryn here. Wow, what a trip you guys are having. I think of you often and continue to envy you in your travels. All is well in sunny Salida. Skiing is great this winter and I am holdin my own for Friday racing. The energy plan I put together has been adopted by the Commissioners and the municipalities are considering adopting.

    Although it is still very cold in the am I can tell that spring in is the air. The birds are tweeting.

    I really enjoy reading your post and love seeing the people and country side!

    ReplyDelete